Connecting to a proxy server is a very common requirement at most business establishments. To use Firefox through a proxy it must first be configured to do so. Here is how to do it:
- Click the “Firefox” menu. Hover over “Options”, and then select “Options” from the submenu.
- Open the “Advanced” category. Click on the “Network” tab.
- Click the “Settings” button. This will open the “Connection Settings” window.
- Choose “Manual proxy configuration”. This will allow you to enter information in the fields.
- Enter your proxy information. Enter the proxy server that you are connecting to in the “HTTP Proxy” field. If you need to enter a specific port, enter it into the “Port” field.
If you are connecting to a different FTP proxy, enter it into the “FTP Proxy” field. If you want to use one proxy server for all of the protocols, check the box underneath the “HTTP Proxy” field.
- Press “OK” to save your changes. You may need to restart Firefox for the changes to take effect.